Saturday, September 28, 2013

Reviewing.................


I made this baby hat with ears a couple of months ago.  I made it according to the vintage directions.  It just would not fit right.  It was made too tight around the neck.  I took those stitches out and made ties instead of a strap ans a button.  The back has two seams and it does not look as nice as it should.  Any seam will take away from the beauty of a handmade item.  I went over the top of the seam with a crocheted slip stitch and gave the seam a little gathering.  This helped the seam look much better. 


When I made package decorations a few months back, I know you thought I was nuts to make this one.  Well here it is on a gift box.  I think it goes splendidly with the box.  The materials I used to make the decorations are re-cycled magazine cut outs, scrap-book paper cut outs, and a decorative brad in the center.  I used glue dots for attachment to the boxs.

Inspiration for the next project.

 

No comments: