Thursday, September 5, 2013

Autumn is a coming!

Enjoy your last days of Summer!  
Sunday,  September 22, 
is the First Day of Fall,
or the First Day of Autumn,
or the Autumnal Equinox, 
or the  September Equinox. 
How do you refer to the season?  
To me, Autumn sounds more refined.   
Autumnal Equinox or September Equinox confuses people, even though the meaning is the same.   Where has this summer gone?   A couple of weeks ago, it felt like fall was around the corner due to cooler temperatures and rain.  Today, it was just plain hot!  

Do you have traditions you like to do this time of year?  I think many of us are canning or putting up  food for the winter.  We may not be squirrels, but we are still nesting.  I am looking forward to the apple harvest!  I love the smell of applesauce cooking on the stove.  Does this season bring back distant, happy, memories?  

My grandmother canned a relish using carrots as just one ingredient.  The relish is the best I have ever eaten.  I have misplaced the recipe.  Does anyone have a recipe similar to share with me?  


Soon we will be dusting off our teapots and pouring a hot cup of comfort!  I would like to remind you to view my website and see all of the Tea Cozies and Sunday Undies available.  I will take 10% off of every item ordered during the month of September.    http://www.custercottage.com

Enjoy the season and take time to savor every good smell and memory!  Blessings to you and yours!  Dawnie 








No comments: