Saturday, December 21, 2013

Cup Cozy & Butterscotch Pecan Fudge


Simple Butterscotch Pecan Fudge Recipe:
Combine in a microwave safe pan, one small can of sweetened, condensed milk, one package 11.5 or 12 ounces of white chocolate morsels and one package of 11.5 or 12 ounces of butterscotch morsels.  Cook in the microwave for 30 seconds and stir.  Repeat cooking for 30 seconds intervals until the morsels melt.  Remove the pan from the microwave and add 1 tablespoon of vanilla and 1/4 cup of chopped pecans and stir well.   You may want to reserve a few pecan pieces to sprinkle on the top of the fudge.  Pour the fudge into a greased 9 X 13 pan.  Cool in the refrigerator until the fudge sets up.  Cut, eat, and enjoy!
Do  you notice what is on my desk?  A crochet hook is next to my pens.  It is a necessary object to everyone's desk isn't it?




This week I was asked if I made cup or mug cozies.  I usually fill my coffee or tea cup half full and go back and forth for refills quite often.  I was told that cozies keep your mug warm for twice the time.  My mind immediately went to the tea cozies I make which keep your tea pots warm much longer.  The best insulating fibers for cozies are wool or cotton.  I viewed several cup/mug cozies on the Internet and found many varieties.  Many of the artisans used buttons for closure, some made cozies without any openings and other cozies were only connected at the top and bottom like the one I made.  I used hand-spun wool to make my cozy.  I am also attaching a photo of old cup cozies I purchased several years ago.  These are only large enough for juice cups.  They have a crocheted bottom.  I think they were made with the intended use as decoration and for keeping the sweat off of table tops when drinking iced drinks.  Do you use a cup/mug cozy?  What type of a cozy would you prefer?  Thank you for reading my blog.  I hope you have a great weekend!  Dawnie

No comments: