Monday, January 30, 2012

Organization

I am organizing again.  I read about organizing fabric using pre-made fabric boards which were very expensive.  I actually ordered pink foam board and I was going to make my own.  I ordered the boards from Walmart.  They messed up the order.  Instead of getting two packages of ten, I got two boards.  Two boards would not have gotten me too far with my large fabric stash.  I tried to go into my on-line Walmart account and sign a form for them in order for them to send me the corrected items.  I could not get into my account.  I opened a new account with them and of course it told me that I had not made a purchase in the last 90 days, so the form has not been signed.  After no return phone call, I decided to forget the order, even though it would have made my boards pink.  Pink would be my preference since I am the "Queen of Pink."  Go ahead and ask my co-workers and my son.  They will agree.  LOL  I made an alternate choice using comic book boards.  They were under $10.00 for 100 of them.  I haven't a clue how they are used with comic books, but fabric I figured it out.  Fabric comes folded from selvage to selvage when it is cut off the bolt.  I fold it one more time and roll it around the comic book boards and then pin the end.  I find that anything over five yards does not look as tidy, but it can be done.  I purchased some new storage cubes.  For other storage, I have a few cubes left from a purchase 20 years or so ago.  I found that these cubes are fine, but they do not do well with children or in basements.  Any ground moisture would be wicked up into the particle board and mold and mildew would grow on the bottom and back board of my cubes.   If rollers were placed on the cubes, they would not be in direct contact with the floor, so you should be able to use them in basements.  Children tend to rip the handles and hinges off of the doors of the cubes and the stack of cubes could be moved and out of kilter easily.  I purchased these 4 cubes from Amazon and the brand name is Way Basics.  Each cube was $20.00.  I still have a long way to go and more cubes to buy, but here is the beginning.  Thanks for viewing my blog.  Blessings to you and yours!  Dawn

No comments: