Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Sunflower Trivets

Last week I needle-felted a blue trivet with Icelandic wool.  I dyed the wool a bright blue after I needle felted the wool locks together.  This week I made sunflower trivets.  I also used Icelandic wool to make them along with a darker wool to make the center of the sunflower.  I dyed one trivet yellow and another one a yellow/orange.  I experimented with the breed of sheep wool used in the center of the sunflower.  One of the centers was made with Icelandic wool and on the other I used Rhone.

Trivet made last week using Icelandic wool locks.
                            

  
Locks up close.


     

                         

                                   

                           


 spinning.

                                                    




Thank you for viewing!  Dawnie






No comments: