Thursday, June 7, 2018

Needle Felted Purple Wool Rug



What project(s) have you done lately???  I made a needle felted purple wool rug and I have some pictures of the steps I took to make it.

Raw BFL Wool from Tenney's

Rug made with wool locks.  The locks were dyed in a rainbow dye which contained pink, blue, red, lavender, and violet.  The use of the various colors gave the rug dimension, variation, and interest.  I needle felted the locks onto a thick gray felt. Most of the wool is BFL but some are mystery wool.  



I started placing locks on the outside of the felt which I cut in a circular shape.  I needle felted about 7 rows of locks and each row was about an inch in-between.









A non-slip background is needed to keep this from moving around when stepped on.  I purchased a vinyl paint for the backing.   
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000YZ5IY4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I think I will toss this on top of my footstool and just admire it from across the room.  I am grateful I don't have a pet that would claw the locks.


A small skein of yarn made with curly mohair and lots of sparkles.  

Thank you for viewing!  Dawnie










No comments: