Monday, May 9, 2016

Purple Trivet



I have been spinning more lately.  I have enough wool in my stash to spin for the rest of my life.  LOL  I prefer to purchase the wool directly from the farmer.  I want to scour (wash), comb, dye, and spin the wool myself.  I sometimes die the wool before I spin it and at other times, I dye it later.  I like to display my teapots and tea cozies cover them up.  Tea cozies serve a purpose, but when you want to show off a tea service, it is nice to make a trivet for under the pot.  I also like to recycle when I can, so my trivet has used blue jean fabric on one side.  The other side is a pretty floral.  In-between  are 2 thin layers of cotton batting.  A purple button has been sewn in the center of both sides of the trivet base.  I spun rainbow dyed kid Mohair fleece in such a way as to allow many of the curls to show themselves off. After this, I crocheted the yarn in a circular pattern.  The center hole is large enough to be buttoned on the denim side of the base trivet or onto the the pretty floral fabric side of the base trivet.  Of course, the base can be used alone and the crocheted Mohair piece can be used alone.  I have a couple more trivets in the making with a few different things going on.  I will be showing them soon.



I don't think the pictures do it justice.  It is very vibrant and pretty!






Thank you for viewing!  Dawnie

No comments: