Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Toilet Bombs


I recently purchased a new book, Make It Fizz A Guide to Making Bathtub Treats, by Holly Port from The Lotion Bar Cafe.   A recipe for potty bombs was in the book.  I had to make it up.  It is basically baking soda, citric acid, peroxide, vinegar, and essential oil.  I placed 2 essential oils and one fragrance oil in mine.  Mostly I used lime essential oil and lemon verbena fragrance oil.  I added a little green sparkle mica in mine and some vanilla bean specks.  The original molds are about 1.5 X 1.5 X .75.  These are a little larger than I would like due to the width of the jar top.  I also don't want to have someone break the bath bomb into two pieces.  The second ones I placed into lemon/lime ice cube tray molds.  These work better.  The user can always put two into a toilet bowl if one is not enough.  I am going to laminate the labels and tie them on the top.  I wanted to make something for men to use.  I know this doesn't sound like a Father's Day gift, but many men live alone and I think they would enjoy this.  How many men people do you know that have no clue what to clean a toilet with?

My labels, sort of---the font changed when I placed it on the blog:

 

 Drop A Bomb

  

Toilet Bowl Cleaner

 Drop one toilet bomb into the toilet bowl.

Scrub if desired once fizz stops.

You are able to view my web store at: http://www.custercottage.com

And my Etsy shop at: https://www.etsy.com/shop/CusterCottage

I hope you find this post interesting.  As always, let me know your thoughts.  Have a wonderful week!  Dawnie 




No comments: