Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Canning Decor

I didn't can or put up food for a few years.  When I get back into the swing of it, things have changed.  The decorated bands and lids are no more----for the most part.  Some are still out there, but they are always on back order or sold out.  I can decorate my own, but I prefer to purchase them already done.  I have made the pretty little bonnet type covers in the past.  You probably remember the type since they were so popular in the 80's.  They were circles of fabric with the lace around the edge and elastic in a smaller circle inside of the large circle so it would fit around the bottom of the head of the jar.  Of course, there had to be a bow.  I wanted something different this year.  I played around a little and came up with the following ideas.  I am sure you can come up with much better ideas.
Rose buttons on rat tail satin ribbon.
Hello Kitty fabric cover with bakers twine bow.
I took an idea from Julie Marie
(http://idyllhours.blogspot.com) and used ripped fabric ties. 
 Fancy Ribbon.
Hand spun wool tie.
Beads of fruit slices strung on thin cotton yarn.







Apple slice beads strung on thin cotton yarn.

More ideas to come............................Blessings to all!  Dawnie






No comments: