Saturday, January 28, 2017

Romance & Roses

Soon it will be Valentine's Day and many of us start thinking of Romance and Roses.  We desire to surround ourselves with bath and body items of beauty.  One of the many things I like to use is body powder for days that I may be hot and sticky.  Body powder can be purchased or made at home.  I like to use cornstarch, arrowroot powder and tapioca flour. A mixture of these powders works fine.  A touch of white mica (for shimmer) and a bit of fragrance oil or essential oil is sweetens the deal.  Different essential oils have antibacterial properties which is helpful when you are prone to sweating.  Oh, I forgot, women glow.  LOL   Most well known of these antibacterial essential oils is tea tree and lavender.  Tea tree is stinky to me and would have to be camouflaged with other fragrances. 

Body Powder,  Dusting Powder, Talcum Powder, & Perfumed Body Powder are all terms to describe the same thing.  Talcum is seldom used and most powders have some sort of fragrance, even Baby Powder.

If you decide to make your own powder,  you probably have containers at home to place the powder in.  I have a salt shaker shaped as a dress.  It works great for shaking powder onto my hand so I may place it on my body.  My preference is to use a powder puff, so my hands aren't all powdered.  These puffs can be made with the use of novelty yarn.  Any soft yarn such as eyelash or extra fluffy baby yarn is preferred.  I crocheted a circle and then closed the circle up.  A little piece of ribbon for a holder can be used in the center of the puff.   For containers, I like to use small jars and decorate the jars and/or the jar tops.   Another simple container to use is a teacup.  What do you think you will use?  

Don't forget to make a washcloth using the heart pattern posted here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=8166745332559091209#editor/target=post;postID=3780019047132877636;onPublishedMenu=template;onClosedMenu=template;postNum=3;src=postname
You can use any cotton yarn, but my preference is a thinner yarn, such as dk size.  I find the sugar n' cream yarn is too thick for me to use as a washcloth.  Once you use the washcloth or dishcloth, you want it to thoroughly dry between uses.  It is not necessary to use a second yarn for the additional sparks in the washcloth.

Do you have Valentine's Day plans?  I hope you enjoy the day!  Thank you for reading my blog.  Dawnie

PS  Don't forget to go to my website at: https://www.slipperywhenwetsoaps.com or my website at: https://www.custercottage.com or my Etsy shop at:  https://www.etsy.com/shop/CusterCottage







No comments: