Sunday, February 9, 2014

Chicken swing and separated soap



The new swing was installed.  We haven't seen any of the girls on the swing yet.  It is located close to the branch and can be hopped on easily.

I tried to make the liquid laundry soap with grated soap, borax, and washing soda.  It separated.  I researched the web to see what the problem may have been.  I found that the soap I used was super-fatted and I should have used lard or tallow plain hand made soap if I was not using purchased bar soap.  The next batch I made still separated.  Have you experienced this?  Do you have any suggestions?  I understand that separated or not, the soap is fine to use.

Thank you for viewing!  Have a great week!  Dawnie



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see them on the swing. That is too cute. Thanks for sharing on Snickerdoodle Sunday.