Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Ball Jam and Jelly Maker

I purchased a new toy this past week and I used it for the first time last evening.  It is a jam and jelly maker by Ball, the jar people.  It makes small batches of jam in 21 minutes.  I do mean small batches.  After you make the jam, you can freeze, refrigerate, or can it.  I decided to make an unusual kind using blackberries and plums, along with spice and golden sherry.  I was impressed with how easy it was to make a batch of jam.  I made a batch when I was doing dishes and cleaning up after a meal.  21 minutes goes real fast!

First you place pectin in the gadget, then you add (2 2/3 cups) prepared fruit.  After 4 minutes it will beep and you add the sugar at that time.  After cooking  21 minutes, it will let you know when it is done. The jam maker has automatic arms and it stirs the jam as it is cooking.  I found that the jam to be less thick as I like it to be.  The flavor of the jam was excellent!  Did I say excellent!  It may have been the liquor flavor I enjoyed.  LOL

I will show pictures of my canned jam and give you a better recipe after I experiment a while.  What a fun way to play!

Blessings to you and yours!  Dawnie

No comments: