Tuesday, November 27, 2012

A New Hat and Other News

I completed a new crocheted hat using hand-spun yarn.  The top and the very bottom edge are make with three ply yarn.  One ply is a raspberry pink mohair, one ply is a light pink Merino and silk, and the third ply is a beige Merino with a little bling and misc. colors added randomly.  The bottom of the hat scallops are made with more raspberry mohair.  In the center of the hat is a lovely raspberry pink velvet bow and more of the velvet woven through the stitches.  The wool is brushed to loosen some of the fiber fluff making it a little more fluffy.  It is amazing how you can put 3 totally different plies of wool together and they fit.  Also you can make a garment with more than one type of yarn. I hope you like this look as much as I do.




I painted the hen house sign and put up the painted horse shoe for Ruby.  It is so true that it is a hen house since there is only one hen.  I ordered more, so I will have company for her soon.  





I used my pink and floral tools to put on the new chicken coop bling!


No comments: