Tuesday, May 15, 2012

From the Land of the Midnight Sun

I made a new soap yesterday and I took pictures at each step for about half of the soap making procedure, before I gave up.  At that point, things did come out as expected.  It is very pretty and the scent is so so wonderful!  I love the fragrance Tresor, but I had to search high and low for the fragrance.  I found it at Save On Scents.  I added a little (free) Meyer Lemon from Bramble Berry to the fragrance.  (Thank you Bramble Berry.)  I have used tangerine with the fragrance in the past and it worked well too.  The bottom of the soap was to look like wheat and it did not even come close to resembling wheat.  The top was to look like a sky and clouds, but the clouds turned yellow despite the use of titanium dioxide which helps keep the soap white.  The sky turned a purple with specks of purple.  I tried 3 different blues and 2 of them wanted to go gray since cold process soap is high acid.  The third one I mixed in and swirled it somewhat.  All is topped by glitter and the bottom had a tad bit of brown glitter to look like ground and green for the wheat that was not ripe, but it turned teal.  Well, No wheat field here.  For some reason it looked like Pop Art and "From the Land of the Midnight Sun," popped into my head.  You caught the pop pun, right?  Well, the new soap was born.  It will never be duplicated and as it cures it may change a little.  I already see the yellow clouds lightening and the purple sky darkening.  This will soon be available for purchase.  The best thing about this great smelling soap is the fact that I put shea butter in it, along with sunflower oil, coconut milk powder, and several other good things for your skin.  I think it is pretty too, but not in a wheat field way.  "Gosh I hope you like us!  (The last comment is local humor from Wichita in the late 70's.....  I think you had to be here for that one. 
Notice my new kitchen gadget.  A girl can not have too much pink!




Yes, I took the pictures at night.  The more purple pictures are closer to actual color.

I hope everyone had a wonderful mother's day.  Thank you for reading my blog.  I know you probably had better things to do.  LOL  Blessings to you and yours!

No comments: