Friday, August 5, 2011

I will be hiding under the blankets.......

Have you ever had one of those days or weeks where you want to hide under the blankets in the warmth and safety of your own bed and tell the world to leave you alone?  This is one of those weeks.  Monday I had an interesting date, just a meet and greet.  I am still trying to figure that one out.  Tuesday I found out that a friend of mine lost his 20 year old son to suicide.  What a tragic event!  I have a 19 year old son and I just can't imagine the paid he must be feeling and the void in his life.  Wednesday we had very heavy storms with strong winds and rain.  We lost our electric power at our home until the following day about noon.   My telephone stopped working also.  This morning we had to rush our beautiful Scarlet Macaw, Albert, to the vet where he sadly died.  The electricity being out probably encouraged a lung virus to grow due to the humid hot temperatures.  It was like pneumonia in adults.  Albert was about twelve and this was the first time he had been ill.  He was always joyful and he liked to tease you.  He would pretend bite you and yell, "ouch."  He would drop his food and say, "oops, or uh oh."  What I will miss most are the times he would say, "Hi Babe."  He would say this to me copying my late husband's voice.  My late husband would say this to me often.   Maybe this is an omen telling me to get on with life and to get over the past.  With Bob's voice coming from Albert the parrot, it was like he was there from time to time.



I think Mae West said, "When in doubt, take a bath."  This may be good advise for today.




No comments: