Friday, December 6, 2019

Pumpkin Cake

The picture shows a white cake mix.  I used yellow for the pumpkin cake.
My sister and I were visiting on the phone about Thanksgiving food.  She mentioned a pumpkin cake.  I now had to make one.  I happened to have canned pumpkin and a yellow cake mix.  I Googled pumpkin cake.  Recipes I found ranged from those 2 ingredients I have along with pumpkin pie spice.  Those cakes looked too dense.  I made a few changes and this is what I found to be the best pumpkin cake I have ever eaten. 

Pumpkin Cake:

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

1 package yellow cake mix (I used Betty Crocker.)
1can of pumpkin puree (I used Libby's)
2 eggs
1/4 cup oil (I prefer sunflower oil.)
1/4 cup of cream  (You can substitute the cream with milk)
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice (I make a blend of 5 spices but it is much simpler to buy pumpkin pie spice.  I will share the blend at a later date.)

I placed all of the above ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mixed the ingredients with an electric mixer for approximately 3 minutes.

Prepare a 9 X 13 cake pan by oiling the inside and coating the oil with a light dusting of flour. 

Note: If you do not have flour, reserve a tablespoon or two of cake mix and use this in place of flour.

Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 min.  The cake should spring back in the center when lightly pressed with a finger. 

Cool, cut, and serve with whipped cream.

I hope this post finds you well!  Thank you for viewing!  Dawnie























-