A while back I found an antique pot holder made in the shape of a bonnet. I wanted to replicate it, with a few little changes. This is what I found:
|The top of the bonnet has been quilted with a sewing machine. This is very thin.|
I made a pattern. I am not an artist. Remember that when you view my pattern. LOL Oh, the pattern is free......
This is what I made. I used ric rac instead of lace. I also put ric rac along the bottom instead of bias tape. I used a plastic ring to hang the bonnet instead of bias tape. I felt that the bonnet needed to be tied. You won't notice it, but I actually quilted the bonnet at the front and along the left of the bias tape on the top of the bonnet.
I used cotton fabric I had, but you can buy a fat quarter if you don't have fabric laying around. I made my bias binding from more cotton fabric I had on hand, but it would have been easier to purchase some. The cotton batting I placed inside of the bonnet was also leftover scraps from quilting projects. The ric rac came from a package, but I doubt I used more than 12 inches. I also had the plastic ring on hand. All of the supplies are available at a fabric or hobby store. I used white thread so you can see the sewing. Matching black thread would have looked better.
|Back. I added my label.|
Thank you for viewing! Dawnie
Post a Comment