Saturday, February 9, 2013

3 Color Shawl



Sometimes it is so much easier to make knitted or crocheted items using one color of yarn or one which has multiple colors in the design of the yarn.  I hesitated to place an edging on the shawl I am making, but it added so much to the beauty with three colors.  First, I knitted a plain shawl with a mohair/cashmere/wool blend royal blue yarn.  Once that was completed, I crocheted around twice on two sides with a double crochet stitch.  On the first row I made three double crochet stitches in each stitch, so there would be a ruffle.  On the second row I only crocheted one stitch in each of the previous row's double crochet stitches.  I used a medium blue mohair and silk yarn for the third row and I double crocheted along the two sides.  Along the final row, I used a pale blue mohair and silk yarn and I single crocheted each stitch and followed it with three chain stitches, thus giving the edge tiny loops.   I am almost done with the shawl, but I wanted you to see the difference between the use of two edge colors and with the addition of the third edge color.  When the shawl is tied on, it gives the look of a flower.  What have you been working on?

Blessings to you and yours!  Dawnie

No comments: