Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pumpkin Batt Table Decoration


I was going to make a pillow using a velvet-like fabric for the  pumpkin and cotton fabric for the stem.  All would be stuffed with polyester fiberfill.  I purchased one from Pier 1 about a month ago and is a wonderful pillow, but not real big.  I thought 2 or 3 would be nice to have for the holidays.  As I started looking at the fabric, I remembered that I made an orangish  colored batt to take to Twist, my local yarn store.  (For those people that do not spin, a batt is a group of fibers combed together and ready to be spun.)  I haven't made it there yet, but I thought this batt would make a perfect table decoration.  It has a little Mylar in it, so it catches the light and gives off a pretty shine.  I also put some gathered orange tulle under it to add a little orange pizzazz.  I will post the pillows a little later, but I had to share this pumpkin now.

Blessings to you and yours!  Dawn

No comments: