Sunday, June 11, 2017

Trivial things




I love the look of  the contrast between a bright crisp white thread with a dark or bright thread.  The colored thread is Lizbeth 3 Peacock Blues.  The bright white is not practical to use in a kitchen, such as a pot holder.  One use and the white would have spots on it.  I decided to make a trivet instead, using bright white cotton yarn and a yarn with variations of turquoise and dark blue.  It can be for use under a teapot or on a dinner table under a warm side dish.  My sister is a jewelry maker.  She made me several charms last summer.  I am using one to dangle on this trivet.  It is a teapot with a deep blueish colored bead as the body of the teapot.  I love to crochet, but I like to make small things I can finish in a short time frame.  What about you?

Thank you for viewing!  Dawnie

No comments: