Saturday, November 29, 2014

Cranberry Sauce

How do you make your cranberry sauce?  Do you buy it canned or do you make it from scratch?  Do you like it jelled, or with berries?  In the past I have used orange or nectarine slices.  Cumquats are my favorite fruit to add to my sauce, but they are not in season at the same time.  A little nutmeg or cinnamon also adds to the flavor.  This year I cooked the usual cranberries, water, and sugar.  Then I added apple chunks.  My most favorite ingredient of all time is is...................................................


brandy.  Yes you heard me right, about 1/4 cup per bag of cranberries.  It mostly cooks out, but it adds a lovely flavor.

Please view my web store at: http://www.custercottage.com
And my Etsy shop at https://www.etsy.com/shop/CusterCottage  


How was your holiday?  I miss spending the holidays in the country with family.  I didn't realize I missed that until I looked outside today and I saw my chickens and the fall colors in the grass and trees.  

I'll visit with you soon!  Dawn 

No comments: