Saturday, November 2, 2013

What have you been making?

Fall beauty at Custer Cottage.

Pumpkin Cake Soap



Some plain soap without glitter.


Last week I made a batch of pumpkin cake soap.  It turned out the way I expected except for one thing.   I learned that pumpkin decorations on the top needed to be stuck into the soap farther than I planned, or they will pop off.   I love the smell of pumpkin in my home all through the fall, don't you? I used orange and green glitter along with glow in the dark glitter.



A special girl will turn 8 soon.  This is one of her birthday gifts.  It is a cape made with chenille and it has an antique button closure.

A friend of mine has a baby shower tomorrow.  This is a special baby, but extra special since he was born in the car on the way to the hospital.  LOL  I already have a little gift for him, but I wanted to do more.   I made a pair of little booties for him this morning.   

 

I noticed cake plates made by gluing a plate on the top of a candle holder.  Not long ago, I cleaned out a cabinet and found a pretty pink candle holder.  I purchased a group of plates at an auction this summer and in that group was a plate which looked like the perfect plate  it looked perfect on the candle holder.  I used hot glue to attach the plate to the candle holder.  I love the way it turned out!

What have you been making?

May you and yours be blessed!  Dawnie


Picture from work --- Southlake Village Apartments


Picture from work.

Picture from work.

More fall beauty at Custer Cottage.

No comments: