Saturday, June 15, 2013

Soap Stamps, Baby Hats, Goat Buttons, Pencils..................

I have several things to update you on.  I finally received my soap stamps in the mail.  The postage was free and they came from overseas.  I was able to use them with some of my resent re-batched goat milk soap.  Some of the bars were too hard to use the stamps on them.  I had some bright blue mica to dip the stamp in it so small areas of the stamp would not stick and it would leave a prettier impression.  All of us like to make pretty impressions.  LOL






I finished making two baby hats this week.  One of them is knitted and one of them is crocheted.  I have a special friend that will receive them and we do not know what sex the baby is, so I am trying to make gender neutral hats.  I find it easier to make girlie things though................





 
I ordered a small amount of goat buttons.  I would prefer a brownish color, but this is all I was able to find.  I wanted to place the goat on a string or ribbon tie around the wrapping of the goat milk soap.  They are more of a cartoon looking goat.  Do you think they are easy to identify as a goat?


I also received some promotional pencils in the mail.  They are lovely.  Of course, they are pink.  They have my business name and phone number on.


I have been viewing several blogs lately.  I noticed that they place several pictures of one object in his or her blog.  Do you want more pictures of what I make, less, or do I put the right amount in my blog posts?  I also have noticed other blogs doing Wordless Wednesdays or other days such as that where they post photos from around the farm, home, etc.  Do you like those?  I would be glad to post pictures of the chickens and dogs if you would enjoy the pictures.  I hope you have all had a joyous week.  Blessings to you and yours!  Dawnie


2 comments:

Kathy Shea Mormino, The Chicken Chick said...

I love handmade soap- it's such a luxury. Thanks for linking up with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week!

Cheers,
Kathy Shea Mormino
The Chicken Chick
http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

I'll Pour said...

Thank you!