Saturday, June 29, 2013

Baby Soap Dilemma

I have a dilemma on how to present the baby soap I make.  I finally made soap without fragrance, coloring, or any additives.  All that is in my soap is coconut oil, goat milk, lye, sunflower oil, water, shea butter, coco butter.   Over 5% coco butter and over 6% shea butter are in the soap.  The lye dissipates when the suponification of the oils, water, and lye takes place.  This is a very gentle soap and it is great for anyone to use, not just babies.  I made it in a round mold. 

 NOTE: It took a lot of control for me not to put glitter on it.  LOL  

Back to the dilemma, how do I wrap the soap?  I wanted something a little different.  Pink would be OK.  I know all babies are not girls, but the mama's are.  I thought about cupcake wrappers, paper doilies, fabric, fabric yo-yo, wedding netting for rice, etc.  I usually use a pink organza bag for my others soaps and it is see through.  Most of my soaps have color, design, and/or glitter in or on them.  It is more important to see through and the bags and be able to smell the soap.  These baby bars are plain, so there really is not a need to see them.  I would hate for them to be dirty when given as a gift, so I do not want to leave them bare.

What are your thoughts on my little dilemma?  I usually get so carried away with the little things that I miss a lot of the bigger things in life.  However, you know as a potential purchaser of my soap, I spend much time trying to get the ingredients, and presentation right for you.  Thank you for any and all comments.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend!  Blessings!  Dawnie

 

This is the plain bar of round baby soap.
Different options I tried.
These two are with pink and blue cupcake wrappers and round rice/wedding netting.
This is the way the back looks with gingham cupcake liners and netting.  I only used a round sticker, but I usually use a label with the ingredients listed.
This sample has a yo-yo formed over it, a red rose plastic button for the center, and a pink Custer Cottage ribbon hanging from the center.  My favorite, but this fabric is impossible to find.  I would probably use a variety of fabric and buttons, so it would match any gifts, decor, and work for boys or girls.
I tried fabric and a sticker, but the sticker does not stick.  Usually one glue dot would not be large enough and would the labels get stuck together in a shop?  I have seen people use glue and glue the fabric to soap.  This makes me wonder what is in the glue and would it contaminate my soap?
I tried paper and that will work, but I may need a little less stiff paper than the regular paper.  The yo-yo sample on the right is much prettier don't you think.  I just used my Custer Cottage pink bubble stickers for these samples.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely idea to take to a baby shower. I really like the cupcake idea for a wrap but your idea for baby soap is wonderful. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!


Cheers,
Kathy Shea Mormino

The Chicken Chick

http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com