Thursday, October 14, 2010

Springs of Ireland

October 15 is National Hand Washing Day.  I read that only 48 percent of men and 58 percent of women wash his or her hands after using the bathroom.  If I provide the soap, would the percentages go up???  lol
Yes, that is cosmetic grade green glitter that you see on the top of each bar!
I finished making a new batch of soap called Springs of Ireland.  It should smell similar to Irish Spring soap.  Some of the soap I made as I normally do with swirls.  Some I added bits and pieces of the soap scraps from this year's soap making.  I still have lots and lots of scraps or leftovers.  I could re-batch the soap, but  I don't like the way re-batching looks.  For non-soap makers, it is shredding, melting, and re-pouring the soap.  Usually water or another liquid is used to aid in the melting.  The bars seem to take forever to dry and have a dip/dent in the center or shrivel.  This is a much better solution for me and I get a lot of added color and texture.  A new soap cutter was used and the bars are now one inch thick.  I am considering a size change in the width and making each bar about one half of an inch less wide.  I think it will fit in a woman's hands much better with this additional size change.

What do you think of the soap?  What is your preference in the size of a bar of soap?

Springs of Ireland Soap Ingredients:  coconut oil, tallow, water, lye, shea butter, sunflower oil, coconut flakes, titanium dioxide, palm stearic acid, coconut milk powder, fragrance oil, sweet almond oil, cosmetic grade glitter, bee balm, mica, chromium oxide



No comments: