Monday, October 25, 2010

Pumpkin Chiffon Soap and Roses

I know that Pumpkin Chiffon Soap and Roses do not really go together, but today my sweetie, Bruce, brought me pink roses.   The pink color is absolutely beautiful and the roses started opening up right before our eyes.   I think Bruce is a keeper!  Not just for the roses, but the roses are a good thing!

















I also made Pumpkin Chiffon Soap and it looks wonderful, but it didn't seem like it would.  When I was making the soap, the soap bubbled up and over after I put the fragrance in.  It was hardening too fast.  I think they consider this to be seizing or having a chemical reaction.  To me, soap that hardens fast always has a wonderful texture.  I had to stir the bubbles down and place some of the soap into another container.  I made only 6 small pumpkin shaped soap since was getting hard too fast and I thought they would set up and leave air pockets or holes in the soap.  I will make more pumpkin shaped soaps later.  Also, the lid to the glitter container fell off as I was sprinkling glitter and some of the bars are excessively glittered.   Is there really such a thing as too much bling?  lol  I only had 5 loaf pans ready for soap, so I had to use a large container for the rest of the soap and I have some irregular sized bars now, but some people tell me that my bars are too large.  I hate to give someone a small bar.  I want bang and bling for the buck.  The bars are 6.3 and 6.5 ounces each.  What size of a bar would you prefer?


Pumpkin Chiffon Soap
Soap Ingredients:  coconut oil, tallow, water, shea butter, lye, sunflower oil, glycerin, bees wax, pumpkin oil, fragrance oil, titanium dioxide, glycerin, sweet almond oil, coconut milk powder, rosemary oil extract (ROE), mica, cosmetic grade glitter, coloring


No comments: