Sunday, May 16, 2010

Life Moments Now and Then

This is a picture of my uncle Scott Wayne Johnson.  I guess I am having one of those nostalgic days, so I thought I would share it with you.  He is in front of the lilac bushes at his home in Downs, Kansas.  I know this is a reprint and not an original, but the reprint is still an antique and the fact that there is a little wear to the picture makes it more endearing to me.  In the next few days, I will be sharing Nostalgic Parts of My Life.  

Now, on a complete different note, I like to read profiles from Plenty of Fish.  I learn about others and read many jokes.  I thought I would share the following from the website:

96% Kansans say, "holy sh*t," before crashing into a ditch.  The other 4% from Ks.say, "hold my beer and watch this shit!!!"

A cowboy appeared before St. Peter at the Pearly Gates. 'Have you
ever done anything of particular merit?' St. Peter asked. 'Well, I
can think of one thing,' the cowboy offered. 'On a trip to the
Black Hills out in South Dakota , I came upon a gang of bikers, who
were threatening a young woman. I directed them to leave her alone,
but they wouldn't listen. So, I approached the largest and most
tattooed biker and smacked him in the face ... Kicked his bike
over, ripped out his nose ring, and threw it on the ground. I
yelled, 'Now, back off or I'll kick the sh*tout of all of you!'
St. Peter was impressed, 'When did this happen?' 'Couple of minutes ago.'

Blessings!  Dawn

No comments: