Wednesday, May 16, 2018

What is it?

A couple of months ago I started a project.  It was going great until I got 3/4 of the project done.  My problem is that the fiber locks tend to matt and connect to each other.  I probably got a little carried away with using the number of locks I used.  I also used both ends of each lock and the part of the lock that was toward the sheep does not stay together like the other end of the lock does.  If this project is made for me, it is not an issue, but someone else may not want to separate the locks prior to each use.  I really need to attach each lock a little differently in my next project since these locks are able to pull out too easily.  I crocheted around the center of each lock.  I really needed to use the center of each lock as part of the stitch and it would stay in place better. 

You are probably saying what is the project?  Well, I started out making a tea cozy.  Some of you are still saying what is that?  A tea cozy goes over a teapot to keep the tea warm. If you ever watch Brittish TV, you will see tea cozies on most kitchen tables.  This will still work as a tea cozy if it is used with a smaller teapot.  This can also be used as a hat.  I am modeling it for you.  It could also fit over a lid of a pot or casserole dish.  If any of you are from the older generation, you may have seen crocheted chamber pot or toilet seat covers.  LOL  This reminds me of one.  I just need to string a chain stitch through the outside edge to keep it on the chamber pot.  My grandmother had chamber pot covers in a stack of her old crochet items made by her and her mother. 

This could also be a hat.  There is a lovely model in the photograph.   Yes, it is me.  LOL
  
Over A Teapot























The colors are mostly a seafoam green with some teal, turquoise, and lavender.  The outside locks were dyed in a rainbow dye and are BFL.  The inside was crocheted with a yarn that has two plies and it is close to lace-weight.  It was spun from a Shetland fleece and died a light seafoam green.  

Add caption

Inside
What a lovely model.  LOL

This tea cozy goes real well with this teapot!




Two-tone yarn

I had to try spinning Coberger Fuch (German Fox) and Rhone wool.  I just got this wool from Sherry's Fiber Farm.  This is a small skein of yarn I made.  It is not a soft wool, but it is not really rough either.

I hope you are all doing well.  We are all fine.

Dawnie








No comments: