After a few hours, the soap was harder, but not hard enough to get out of the mold. I will leave them on the counter to set up as I go to work. I am so curious about what will happen. My original expectation was that they would set up very quickly and be too hard. That didn't happen.
I bought small amounts of two fabrics with bees on them. One is mostly yellow, gold, and black. The other one is aqua with white/black/gold bees, along with silver scribbles in the background. I want to place one of these pieces of fabric behind the soap for display and for photographing the soap. I can't make up my mind which fabric I like best, but today it is aqua. LOL
I also purchased yellow sacks, yellow and white baker's twine to tie around the sacks containing the soap, and a bee stamp on a heart honeycomb background. I will stamp the sacks with black ink. Since this is a wholesale order, I need to keep the wrapping cost low, but I can't wrap the soap in my usual manner.
The soap has honey, colloidal oats, kaolin clay, shea butter, sunflower oil, coconut oil, tallow, turmeric.... I added the turmeric for a little color since the soap will probably turn brownish from the use of honey. Oatmeal, Milk, and Honey is the fragrance. It is a mellow sweet smell that most men and women alike will enjoy.
I didn't notice a difference in the soap due to the lack of water I should have used. I think it will harden faster than other soap with the full water amounts used.
Update: The soap cured fine, except there were a few hairline cracks, mostly toward the bottom of the soap. Other than that, drastically messing up on the water did not hurt the soap.
I hope your week is going well! Dawnie
PS Don't forget to go to my website at: https://www.slipperywhenwetsoaps.com or my website at: https://www.custercottage.com or my Etsy shop at: https://www.etsy.com/shop/CusterCottage
Me a couple of years ago.
Post a Comment