Saturday, February 13, 2016

Grandma's Lilacs Soap

My Uncle Scott and his dog in front of Grandma's Lilac Bushes.
Poured and waiting to set up.

lye and raw milk mix

pink and purple micas

oils, butters, titanium dioxide, fragrance, and glycerin




I made 2 loaves of Grandma's Lilacs Soap today.  The first one is just above my writing.  It had so much promise.  I filled 3 spaces with different colors, removed the dividers, topped it off with white, and swerved side to side with a skewer through all layers.  I cut them the regular way, hoping for a nice, unique look.  I was unimpressed.  The bottom looks nice though.

The second loaf is a swirl with all 4 colors.  Most of the pink disappeared, but the other colors stand out fine.

I used tallow, raw cow milk, coconut oil, sodium dioxide, shea butter, coco butter, glycerin, fragrance, color, cosmetic grade glitter.

I hope you had a great week and Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Dawnie

No comments: