Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Re-purposed DVD's and CD's and other talk

We finished the three day craft fair.  Many talented artisans were there.  If I can shop local for unique fun crafts, or purposeful crafts, I do.  What about you?  We had a politician come by our area at the craft fair.  Todd Tiahrt was there.  He was the U.S. Representative for Kansas's 4th congressional district from 1995 to 2011. He is a conservative Republican.  His wife bought a bar of soap from me.  I was spinning wool on my spinning wheel and they stopped in.  She thanked me for keeping heritage crafts alive.




Not long ago, I saw an idea on the web where a lady crocheted covers for DVD's and CD's.  I don't know if she was  using them as coasters, or hot pads.  She was selling her crochet pattern.  I seldom follow a pattern and I tend to play when I crochet.  With crocheting, if I make a mistake, it can be ripped out easy enough and re-done.  Crocheting goes much faster than knitting.  They are similar to the old covers for asbestos trivets seen on our grandmother's tables.

Have a great week!  Dawnie


You are able to view my web store at: http://www.custercottage.co

And my Etsy shop at: https://www.etsy.com/shop/CusterCottage


No comments: