Wednesday, May 1, 2013

SOAPING EVENING






This past weekend, I was able to persuade my son and his fiance to help me make soap.  We made 3 small batches of soap.  For one of the batches I used a mold which made roses on the bottom of the soap.  The bottom of the soap becomes the top of the soap when you unmold the soap.  All three batches had calendula infused tallow in the soap.  Two batches also contained calerndula petals in the soap.  One batch was beautified with calendula petals on  top of the soap also.  Of course, I used glitter to top two batches of soap.  You need a little sparkle in life now and then.   I used a fragrance in one batch called antique lace.  I love that fragrance!  It does turn the soap brownish, so the lovely antique lavender color will change color.  The second fragrance I used was honeysuckle and the last one I used was blackberry.  I tested the soap and it lathers very nicely and smells glorious!

Thank you for viewing my blog!  Blessings to you and yours!  Dawnie

No comments: