Thursday, December 20, 2012

It came!

The chicken coop came!  The big house arrived yesterday afternoon and we were able to get it ready for the girls just before the snow storm started.  It arrived one day early and that was a blessing.  I now have a fence repair to do, to allow for the chicken coop in the back yard, but I think it will be worth it.  Son #2 says that he is going to go out and watch the big screen TV with the girls.  He said this because he thought the chicken coop was so large and fancy.LOL  I am very pleased with it.  There are a couple of tiny things that I wish for, in the construction.  1.  On the second row of nest boxes, they put wire bottoms instead of plywood.  That works OK if you use straw, but not pine shavings.  2.  You can not walk all the way around in the screened area without stepping down in the center area.  It would be so much more convenient the other way when it comes to catching a chicken or taking in food and water.  I have 4 hens in the coop now.  I have 5 more in the dining room.  They are about 5 weeks old and not quite ready to go out to the big house yet.  Just after we got the coop and we were prepping it, I stepped out of the screened area and into a hole in the ground.  Ouch!







What do you think?  I hope the girls produce lots of eggs!

Thank you for sharing my excitement!  Blessings to you and yours!  Dawnie

No comments: