Friday, November 9, 2012

Chocolate and Other Obsessions

Have you ever had the craving for chocolate.  Not the candy bar chocolate, but deeper and richer chocolate.  On the internet I have viewed pictures of a chocolate individual cakes that contained a molten chocolate center.  I viewed a few recipes, but most of them call for chocolate squares, which I seldom have in my cabinets.  I used a recipe from Kraft and modified it a little bit by using chocolate chips.  I thought I would share:


Place 1/2 cup of butter in the microwave along with 1 cup of Nestles Tole House Morsels.  Melt them in the microwave using short bursts being careful not to burn the batter.  Once melted,  add one cup of powdered sugar and stir well.  If you wish to add a teaspoon of cinnamon, this is the time to do so; however, it is optional.  Stir in 2 eggs and 2 egg yolks.  After mixing well, add the last ingredient which is 1/3 cup of flour.  I placed the dough evenly into 9 cupcake lined muffin/cupcake pans.  Bake at 425 degrees for approximately 10-12 min.  Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.  They are so rich, you will need the ice cream or whipped cream.  I hope you enjoy them as much as we enjoyed ours.



I did a little shopping on Etsy this week.  I purchased 2 ounces of Teeswater wool locks.  I purchased them raw, or for non-spinners, it means the wool locks have not been washed.  Each ounce of wool came tied with a pretty bow.  Can you imagine purchasing anything else dirty where the seller would tie it up with bows, wrap it in tissue paper, and tie another glittery seasonal bow around it?  I also received a free sample of died locks and a photo/business card.  The purchase was from Feederbrook Farm or www.feederbrook.com, located in Freeland Maryland. If you could not tell, I was very impressed with the packaging, fast delivery, and service.

Another purchase I made was from Lynn Baumann and family with www.etsy.com/shop/RockinBTradingCo.  I wanted a sign that said Hen House.  I live in the outskirts of the city and we can have up to 12 chickens, but they can only be hens.  No Roosters, so the chicken house would be all hens.  The only signs in the Etsy store said Chicken Coop.  I sent a note to the owner and she happened to have what I wanted in her shop, but not on the Etsy site.  Of course, I got what I wanted after all.  I received excellent customer service, fast delivery, and I think you will agree that the sign is cute.

No comments: