Monday, July 26, 2010

Pink Canning and More Bling

Yes, you can actually cook in a pink kitchen.  My friends tease me, but I think they are secretly jealous.  lol   As you see, I am canning tomatoes.



I purchased mohair from a farmer and I washed it, dyed it, and picked it out by hand.   I spun the this mohair thick and thin.   Any pattern would not be visible with this type of spinning, so I just crocheted a plain circular pattern in crochet.  I made a backing for this hot pad from cotton fabric and lined it with cotton batting.  Instead of sewing the backing on, I placed 6 buttons around the outside of the backing and button the hot pad on.  The hot pad can be removed for washing separately or both pieces may be used separately.  The buttons are gold with a pink rhinestone center.  What bling!

 

No comments: