Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Necktie Party!


I finally finished my first necktie. I made it from Merino wool which was died with many colors. The tie is very soft. I lined it with a baby blue satin. I am not too thrilled with the way the satin looks where it was hand sewn in. I may have to place a decorative stitch in that area. I have begun the next tie and I am crocheting it on a slant with a decorative stitch and every 6 rows I am adding two small strands of mohair/silk blend to the Merino wool. This tie made is ocean colors.



New gift bags for 2010! These are made from cotton fabric decorated with roses. The bag comes with a pink, rippled, satin ribbon and a paper rose to attach to the ribbon. You can not tell from the photo, but the bottom of the bag is made like a paper grocery sack where it can accommodate larger items with a fitted look.

No comments: