Wednesday, June 10, 2009

YES, IT IS PINK AGAIN!

I have been adding many items onto my website. It has taken me 6 months longer than I wanted, but it is a new web host and I had to learn all over how to walk and talk. I still have many items not listed and I will add them as fast as I can do so. Have you checked out my website lately? Let me know what you think. http://www.custercottage.com
Recent Project:
I died a roving of Merino wool with pink. I knotted the roving up which allowed some the wool to receive a stronger dye solution than other parts of the roving. I blended up various shades of this pink wool with a little hot pink cotton. When I spun the yarn, the hot pink lumped a little, which is what I intended. Even though this was beautiful in one ply, or another ply the same, I had to do something different. I used a thick bubblegum pink nylon thread as the ply. This added a lot of shine to the yarn and unified the varied pinks.
Even though the pinks went well together, putting a solid color as a ply helps the yarn seem more together and less diverse. I have included a couple of pictures of my yarn. What do you think of it???

No comments: