Thursday, January 8, 2009

CVM Hat in Military &/or Fall Colors













I finally finished the crocheted hat for my son, using CVM wool. I was going to 3-ply the yarn since it was so thinly spun. Instead, I tried it 2-ply and liked the way it looked. There was just one thing missing. The center of the hat needed a little something. I planned to go to G I Rose and get a little pin or something. We ended up at an antique store and found a little pin. I have no idea what it stands for, but the colors worked with it. What do you think?

Now that I opened the door to the hats, I want you to see the other hats that I made in my Doilie Head Line. All are made with 100% wool, aside from the decorations. There are 4 patterns shown in the picture. I started these about 3 years ago, and I am now, just finishing the last pattern to put with them, or at least the last pattern for now.

The third thing I wanted to show is the fabric under the hats. I make hotpads to put under teapots. They may be a bit fancy, but they can be used for everyday use, not just for Sundays. I found this fabric on the Internet. It has fancy panties, bras, and slippers all over a modeled pink background. I thought it would make a Sunday Undie, or the lining of one. Isn't it adorable!

No comments: